Thursday, 5 April 2012

My Little Sister

Hello everyone,
Today I decided to write about my younger sister, Chelsey.  Or as I call her, Cmoore.  Even though she is five years younger than me, I feel closer to her than anyone my own age.  She is the most beautiful I've ever seen, even though she wouldn't believe me if I told her that.  I feel very lucky to have my sister as a best friend.  Not many people can say they're as close to their siblings as I am.



When she was younger, she was by far the most annoying child.  I didn't know how my mother put up with her.  She would whine and cry and then whine some more.  I was hoping she would start maturing soon, I mean she did have an older sister.  You would think she would be a little more mature than she was.  As the years went on our relationship wasn't getting any better.  We didn't have anything in common, she barely came out of her room and her friends were all a little odd.  And by all means, I'm not saying I was the most normal kid in the world, I was quite a weird teenager.  If our parents left us home alone things would go bad.  We would always get into huge fights where she'd hit me and I'd end up almost pouring hot hamburger grease on her.  Well.. okay, that only happened once, but they were pretty heated arguments. 

When she entered grade seven it seemed her whole world changed around.  She began to lose weight, she started to become much healthier.  She had a lot of good people around her and I was proud of her.  She started to mature to the point where we'd have enough to talk about for a whole car ride.  She began to take interest in things that I had interest in, which gave us even more to talk about. 

Like I said earlier, Chelsey is absolutely beautiful.  She has long brown hair, but it isn't that mousy brown hair.  It shines and feels like silk to the touch.  She has brown eyes, not the big, sad puppy kind, but they are gorgeous.  She has freckles scattered over her nose and cheeks which add a cutesy aspect to her.  She doesn't have a models body, but really who wants to weigh 95 pounds and not be able to eat bacon all the time?! Definitely not my sister or I.  Even though she doesn't see it she is beautiful. 

A few months ago Chels and I were sitting at Tim Hortons going on tangents about our father and our pasts when she told me that she resented me for the longest time.  She resented me because everyone would tell her that I was beautiful but never tell her she was.  Her class mates always talked about how pretty her sister was, but made fun of her.  One time her teacher pulled her outside the class room and said to her "You know you're beautiful too?"  This stuck with me.  It makes me so upset knowing that I was the reason my sister and I didn't get along for those years.  No one made her feel beautiful and she was too afraid to say anything to anyone at a young age.  Now I try to tell her she's beautiful all the time.  Make her feel good about herself, since she should always feel good about herself.  There is nothing wrong with her, but that's not the way she sees it.

Five years apart, but we're best friends.  I love my sister with all of my heart.  I couldn't imagine having anyone else as my sister.  Although, we still fight and argue as siblings always have, we get along about 95% of the time.  She's my rock and I wouldn't change her for anything.   

No comments:

Post a Comment