Thursday, 12 April 2012

Everyone is Judgmental Now

Do people always judge you by what they first see, or how you look?  Of course they do.  It would be idiotic to think otherwise.  Well that one statement has got me thinking.  What do people see when they look at me?  I know when I look at myself I see a young girl with blueish eyes, brownish hair and a mole on the right side, above her lip.  I see someone by societies standards is attractive, I suppose.  But then you scroll down my body and I don't see societies version of attractive.  I'm not a size zero; I don't have huge breasts; my thighs touch.  But I've heard from plenty of people that I have a nice body, so fuck what society says. 

When you first see someone you don't just judge them on their looks, though.  Say you see a very attractive lady with perfect hair and a perfect body, what is the first thing you're going to think?  If I were to see someone like this, I would think she is a bimbo.  She obviously thinks she is better than everyone because she's so attractive.  That might be the case but you'd never really know unless you got to know her.

I wonder what people think I'm like when they look at me?  I doubt they imagine I'm into video games or that I listen to hardcore music.  Here's some things people normally don't except me to do or like.

Music
What kind of music do you think I listen to?  I've had people tell me I looked like the type of girl to listen to radio music.  How do you look like the type of girl to listen to mainstream music?  It was a confusing statement.  The majority of the music I listen to is classified as hardcore/screamo/alternative.  One of my most favourite bands is Underoath.  I've been listening to them since I was 15.  You'd think I'd eventually grow out of my little girl music, but they've stuck with me through the years.  I mean I do have my guilty pleasure bands but "you look like you listen to radio music", come on people!  I'm still confused. 

Driving
I drive a standard.  I've only been driving my Accord for eight months but I will not go back to an automatic.

Lifestyle
I'm a fat person stuck in a thin persons body.  I eat and eat and eat.  I'm surprised I don't eat my mother out of money.  I'm not talking healthy food either.  A big donair platter or a Harveys burger are where it's at.  Sure I look like I care about my body and take care of it.  But I haven't worked out in over a year and I don't really plan on starting anytime soon.  Although, I probably should.

Games
I always play video games.  But none of those new school shooting games.  I'm really bad at those.  The first time I ever played Call of Duty with Chelsey I spun in a circle and held the trigger.  I'd much rather play a good ol' game of Super Mario or Pokemon.  I always make it to the Bowser stage and then stop playing.  I figure I made it that far, what's the point in finishing.

I don't know what sort of "category" this should be placed into so here it is.  I know I seem confident about myself; I'm not.  I play like I am because it gets your farther than being a timid girl.  I apparently have generalized anxiety and panic disorder.  Not cool, but oh well.  It is what it is.

I'm sure there's more things, but sometimes I get so distracted I forget what I'm writing about.  I really wish I could just ask people what they thought about me when they first met me; who they thought I was, or what I was interested in.  It would be extremely interesting to know.  What did you think?



   

No comments:

Post a Comment